Sunday, August 3, 2008

Practice: Saturday and Sunday 08/02/08-08/03/08

I was not to optimistic that my groin would be ready to go. During summer league I never felt right and then I tried some sprints on Friday night. I got to about 95% and felt funny so I stopped and doom closed in around me. If I take this weekend off that leaves me one weekend to practice before Chesapeake. If I play this weekend there is a chance I would set myself back till Chesapeake. I was really frustrated, but it was all for naught as I started warming up. I felt fine if a bit behind in cardio after limiting myself for almost two weeks.

Saturday was ugly. Lots of turns as guys got used to each other again and try to shake off summer league impulses and the rust of taking a month off. The practice was cut to about 3 hours due to lightning and a downpour.

Sunday was less ugly. Decisions were a little better and throws a bit crisper. The rain held off till sprints.

No comments: