Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Hanging Out: 01/29/13

It's real cold.  Actually today was pretty reasonable, but this winter has been brutal so I am going to join a gym. There are a variety of gyms near my apartment.  One is a Bally's where yelpers comment on how dirty the place is, how the water fountains don't work, and how they consistently scam people out of money.  Another is called Spartan Gym.  Ironically? reviews say there is nothing there and management sucks.  Today I went to a little neighborhood joint.  The whole place was about the same size as my apartment, but it was 40 degrees and rainy so I paid 10 bucks to the delightful owner and saddled up.  I can pretty much describe everything in the free weights "section"/basement.  smith machine, pretty nice DBs, a curl rack, two benches and, thankfully, a rowing machine.  I did 1000m on the rowing machine to warm up.  I was further limited because standing flat footed I could place my palms on the ceiling.  So I carefully did three sets of 20 plate burpees and ten prone rows on the smith machine bar. Next I did 3 sets of 10 kipping handstand push ups, 10 side ball slams, and 10 pistol squats on each leg.  Finished up with ab rollouts. And I left that place never to return and with no firm plans for a new gym.  Blargh.   

2 comments:

andrewsaltz said...

First!

Ben said...

I can't wait till you come in second.