Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Weights and Run: Sunday 12/2/7

I'm still not pumped to be back in the gym, but I know that once I get a routine down I will want to go more and more.

I put the treadmill on random, a real high level and a 5% grade. Wow. I nearly passed out. It was a bit of a shock to the system, but it felt good to hurt and sweat a bit. I did two (2) six minute reps.

I liked this total body work a lot more:
lunges, press, bent over row, cleans, front squats
(3) 5 x 5 @ 95
It was pretty tough. I'd love to increase this weight through the summer as I think it is a great way to test total body strength.

(3) 10 burpees, 10 knees to chest
Another good one.

1 comment:

Ryan Todd said...

That seems like a great total body workout, although I would probably have to do it with just the bar (how much does that weigh?)

I need to get one of the trainers at MIT to teach me a proper hanging clean, cause I'm too scared to try it on my own. Learning from a book is okay for some things, but with this I feel like I'd end up in bed for a month.

Went back into the gym yesterday and today. Muscles are all tired again, and it's pumping me up. I just spent the last hour scouring new and different lifting ideas (so naturally I came here).