Friday, March 5, 2010

Ho-Hum

Looking back on my posts from this summer, I lament losing access to such an amazing gym. Reading the diversity of exercises that I was doing makes me really cherish the time I spent at TPS and I would push anyone in the Somerville/Medford area to get there immediately.

Ultimate was fun on Monday. I felt alright, but my lower back has been rebelling against my renewed interest in an active lifestyle. It makes it hard to get low and cut. Other than that and some terrible decisions I played well. My quads still get abnormally sore the day after a workout. Not like a diffusive soreness, but a soreness local to where I had my pulls/tears. Im trying to work it by rolling on the PVC.

I'm not sure how to get my back in shape except to keep plowing forward. I think the stress on it has come from basketball, especially trying to keep huge guys out of the pain. I get assigned big, strong dudes almost every game. On Tuesday I played 2 v 2 against some old guy and this guy who was built like Zach Randolph. The old guy sucked so he just kept feeding this dude in the paint. Luckily his shirt was freshly laundered cause I had my face buried in it for 25 minutes as I tried unsuccessfully to stop a huge guy with above average post moves from scoring. We lost. I had a series during the next game, 3 v 3, where I got 4 offensive rebounds in a row and missed all the put backs. For all that I am playing a ot better. I am also getting some handshakes when I arrive. One kid said, after I apologized for playing terrible for one game, "but you got that hustle, I wish I had that shit". He addressed it as if hustle was a pull up jumper or a crossover.

1 comment:

brent said...

in terms of helping your back, it won't make it stronger, but a heating pad has been awesome for me in the past.