Monday, August 13, 2007

practice: Sat and Sun 7-11 and 7-12

It was really hot and we played a lot. I threw away way to many discs on not 50% decisions. Time to rein it in a little. My cutting feels worlds better than earlier in the year. My ankles are stronger and Im getting a little pop coming in and out of cuts.

I played allright if a bit uninspired d. I need to work on being effective during a long d point where I have defend more than one cut cause I was gettin run a little bit, like pushed to the break side and then beat across to the open side. I felt like I did a better job of strategically forcing people deep to places where I could make a play on a deep throw or prevent the throw all together. I think this is important if you are consistently being beat under from a standstill, especially if your dude comes up wanting to bomb it time and time again.

Im in DC at a conference and I am about to check out the hotel pool to get my legs moving a bit.

No comments: