Friday, August 10, 2007

ive been slacking

Sorry to the 10 (maybe?) people who check this site. The dead leg and then lower back kept me off the track and out of the weight room these past two weeks and then this week I have felt the touch of malaise induced by having been out of the gym for so long. I did the track workout this past week, but my legs felt tired and I didnt bring a watch. It was a fartleck, some 100's, some 2's and some sprint the straights, jog the curves.

I will make sure to get back on the train this week from my hotel in dc.

About this past weekend. It is really hard to keep track of how you play when you play 9 of 10 d points. We had 15 on Sat and 14 on Sun split right down the middle. I am definitly playing better man to man and my cutting on o is feeling better than ever. I had a nice sky for a d and I got a layout block that was almost a come to full speed wrap around block that I have been looking for (I also managed to completely erase the d from teammates minds by getting up from this catch-d and seeing Kolt streaking deep, launching an IO backhand from the flick sideline snaking it around a group of people 10 feet in front of me. It only overshot him by 20 or 30 yards. C'mon, it was my first d of the new season). I missed two more that seemed there and I just couldn't explode fast enough, which is a little disconcerting given how hard I have worked so far. I can always give more and these last two weeks have definitly not advanced to where I should be. Although my d is getting better, there are lulls (that I will attribute 50% to having 7 defenders for a 95 degree day at 6,000 feet) where I just get run around for a whole point, have trouble getting in good positions and get beat places. There are also points where I am in my guys way the whole time, denying him the disc and just making him uncomfortable. As we run by the throwing lane and my guy doesnt get the disc I am still a little surprised that I just shut him down, which is remnants of my d for most of last year and early this year while I still get back to pre-Ecuador ultimate-sense, -shape and -desire.

I promise to talk about practice this weekend (of which i might miss one because I have to move) and the rest of my months of working out.

No comments: