Monday, August 3, 2009

practice: week of 08/02/09

Friday I thought I could run home from work and in about 2.5 hours finish up getting all of our stuff out of the apartment. That didn't work. It took more like 6 hours, which was a big sucky sucky cause we were trying to get to an engagement party, which we ended up about 2 hours late for. The engagement party went till after 1 am and by the time we got parked, into our hotel room and made a poor food delivery order it was 3:45 am.

Up at 7:15 am for practice, nice to know you Boston Sheraton, and off to bachelor party things for same engagement party at 3 pm. Volleyball, wiffle ball, more stump and at Foxwoods by 9 pm. Lost $100 in the first hour. Didnt play for an hour or two. Back to even by 12:30 am. Up $100 by 2:30 am. Another terrible food decision and we weren't asleep till 6:30 am. Up at 8 am for practice. On the road to Brooklyn by 4 pm. 1.5 hour nap around 84. Cruised on into Brooklyn at 8:30 pm. 3/4 of the stuff unloaded by 10:30. Asleep at 11:30. Up at 9:30. Breakfast. Back to sleep at 11:00 am up at 2 pm ready to start my New York life.

Practice was good. I made some bad throws on decent decisions. I got to just let it rip. On the two completions I did just that. On the three throw aways I tried to guide it in which is not my game.

I managed to severely stress my ankle and achilles on my left foot. I am hobbling around right now with an ankle brace and icing constantly. I think this is my body's way of telling me to ease up for a bit. My back has also been bad for two weeks, which has been excasperated by all this moving. Im using this evidence to take a light week of workouts on so I am ready for next weekends practice and ECC the weekend after that.

No comments: