Friday, April 11, 2008

Faust: Summarizing

Thurs:
Practice with NU. I went easy on the cardio, but we played out a lot of points.

Fri:
Implemented my new sprint workout. It was too hard so I had to modify it halfway through.
Start in the back endzone. Sprint upfield 15 yards, stop, sprint backfield 10, stop, explode upfield for 5, jog 15 more and repeat 4 times, but on the last rep instead of the exploding for 5 it was sprint 40 yards to the goal line. Yowzer. I did this twice and I couldn't kick it in for those last 40 yards so I cut out a rep and did it two more times.

Sat: work

Sun: work, good news is that I did some finagling and by putting in more time during the week I don't have to work next weekend, which means I can attend both practice days in full.

Tue: Did another sprint workout
2 x 15 yds out, 10 yds in, 30 yds out (30 seconds between reps)
1 minute
2 x 15 out, 10 in, 5 out, jog 10, repeat, end with 30 yard sprint
1:30
2 x 15 out, 10 in, 5 out, jog 10, repeat, repeat, 30 yard sprint
1:30
2 x 15 out, 10 in, 5 out, jog 10, repeat, repeat, 30 yard sprint
1:30
2 x 15 out, 10 in, 5 out, jog 10, repeat, repeat, 30 yard sprint

It's not that bad distance wise. I would like to hang out and do some more reps, but everytime I've done this I've had to leave early.

Wed: Practice
We had a good crowd of local club talent show up to scrimmage the NU guys and many thanks to those who did show up. We got in a 6 pull on O and D, played to 5, and got in the 1st couple points of a game to 3 before the lights went out. It was great to play on a full field outside for the first time in a while. Ended in the dark with:
sprint 15 yards, 5 burpees, stay on your stomach when you are finished. When the last person is finished someone counts down from 5, sprint 15 more, 5 more burpees, wait for the 5 count, 15 yards 5 burpees. A 15 count this time to give a little more rest and we are coming back the way we came with 2 more 15 yard sprints and 2 more sets of 5 burpees.

Thurs: Gym
45 minutes to get something done after about a 2 week absence.

A1 Deadlift:
2 @ 145
2 @ 195
2 @ 225 (i got a little to aggressive on this one and put it down to fast causing my hamstring to tighten really suddenly and now I have a little pain on whatever ligament is on the inside of my left knee. A little scary and I hope to be pain free on Saturday.)
2 @ 275
2 @ 225

A2 pull ups:
(3) 6 @ 20

B2 1 armed DB military press
(2) 6 @ 40
(1) 8 @ 40

A3 chest supported row:
(3) 8 @ 70

B3 pushups
(3) 10 claps, 10 regulars

No comments: