Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Real (and Posting) Vacation

I half-assed a sprint workout with Hot Toddy, Seigs and Kolt way back on the 16th or something. I was still tight from the gym workout that I did that Monday and my back was real sore from the first weekend of tryouts.

I had a lot of loose ends to tie up at work, but I should have fit in a deck of cards on Thur or Fri. Then I was off to Ed Van Leer's (formerly of Metal) wedding in Baltimore. Left Baltimore on Sunday for sunny Florida where I had a lazy ass week eating rich fatty food and chilling on the beach in Miami and throughout the keys. I got in a quick sprint workout on some dry flat open land 90 miles from Cuba on Key West. Set up a course where I would 4 x sprint 40, jog 15. I did that 8 times and then converted it into a suicide course with cones at 10 yards, but after nearly killing myself with sliding stops I stopped and went swimming for a while.

We flew back to Alexis' parents house for a nice transition into real life before returning to the true nitty gritty. They live right near princeton so I got to bask in the glory of GW ultimate. Or at least relive the good times on those fields cause those fools went out quick. GW had made the game to go or at least the the g2g to the g2g every year for the past 8 years. It was over fast within three game and tryout Seth from last year had a big part in Cornell taking them out. Lots of come to lay out blocks. I got in a long jog and another sprint-ish workout after that.

We drove a rental car back to Boston on Sunday night. All that sitting, through plane rides and car rides didn't do much to help my still hurting back, but I plan on lifting my way out of it next week. I find that generally lifting makes things better: your body, your love life, the size of your penis. And if not better, than bigger like the size of your ego as shown in the last sentence.

Work is crazy this week. On Monday I rushed home at 5 to get in a nice stair workout only to be back at work at 6:15 pm.
3 reps in a row. Couple minutes rest. 3 reps with added sprint up the hill on each. Couple minutes and then repeated except on the last rep I went up the hill and then up another hill on a path. That was rough.

Today was my day with nothing in the evening so I got in a track workout till the need to go bafroom made me leave.
3 x 400/ 90 secs: 81, 79, 78
3 min
3 x 400/ 90 secs: 78, 76, 78
ehh. I'm not happy with these times. I really just want a base so when we start doing it for real I am not flapping around 10 secs back like last year. By the way I don't like the Chelsea track. It is much more rounded than the MIT one and my "strength" in these things is seeing and going after the finish line straight ahead of me.

I might try and get out of work at some point tomorrow to do a deck of cards cause Im not gonna get another chance to workout till Saturday evening.

No comments: