Monday, March 19, 2007

Weights: Friday 3/16/7

Legs:

deadlift: this was my first attempt at deadlifting and I really blew it. Really because my lower back is still killing me. Not in a burning, I-really-worked-that-muscle-good burning, but a I-must-have-really-messed-that-up pain. I think I had to much weight, which didn't allow me to straighten my lower back as I was straightening my legs which meant I was essentially doing 245 lb romanian deadlifts when the most I had ever done in that regard was 85lb. Good move, my back tightens up just thinking about it. Anyways,
10 @ 185
5 @ 225
5 @245

split squats:
(3) 10 each leg @ 15 lbs

step ups with jump: last time I had some weight in my hands and stepped up, this time I had no weight and I exploded up, switched legs in mid air, and then exploded up with the next one.
(3) 8 each leg @ 0 lb

reverse hypers: I did this on a swiss ball instead of the roman chair and it was harder.
(3) 10 @ 0 lbs

explosive calf extensions: I've been reading that it doens't really matter if you isolate muscles so I do these with bent knees and really drive upwards.
(3) 15 @ 85ish

depth jumps: I just realized I did these wrong. I was going for speed and not necesarily explosion, doing them one after another rapidly. Bummer.
(3) 20

No comments: