Friday, March 23, 2007

Weights: Thursday 3/22/7

Warm up:

Ran 1.25 to the car place to pick up my car and some plyos.

Shoulder

bradford presses: In a shoulder press position, start as if your gonna press the barbell, but you only go to the top of your head where you lean the weight back and bring it down to the back of your neck, "1", back up to the top of your head, lean it forward, to your chest, "2"...
(3) 10 @ 95

fly machine:
(3) 10 @ 65

diagonal plate raises: 5 to each side for a set of 10
(3) 10 @ 35

hanging cleans: I started to do this. I think I did three sets, but at some point I just put the weight on the ground and started to clean and jerk so let's say:
(1) 10 @ 95
(1) 10 @ 115
(1) 8 @ 115

clean and jerk: this is a great video for the clean part and this is the jerk.
(5) 1 @ 115

legs: I'll say legs started here although cleans and clean and jerk are a nice transition cause they involves so much leg.

good mornings: weird excercise that seems like a great way to mess up your back. Here's a video. She does a lunge and then a good morning.
(1) 10 @ 65
(2) 10 @ 85

elevated bulgarian split squat: on four 25lb plates always in danger of slipping.
(1) 10 @ 0
(1) 10 @ 70 (2, 35 lb dumbbells)
(1) 10 @ 90 ( 2, 45 lb plates)

seated calf raises:
(3) 10 @ 90

standing calf raises squat machine:
(3) 10 @ 90

as always http://orgs.jmu.edu/strength/ this site is amazing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Faust, nice workout. At the beginning of the post, it looks like you were just going to jog to the car -- like, in disc golf, someone sprinting to the basket after a putt... not exactly exercise.

Anyhow, you obviously made up for it. You're working, in the grand scheme of things, on your whole body. But do you have a couple goals in mind, other than relieve the tension in your back and throw the disc far?

benjamminspearsblog.blogspot.com is my diary -- maybe i'll up your ante and post all the ab-flexing I do sitting at my desk. Bet you can't beat that!

Ben said...

It was a warm-up and consider anything over a mile worthy.

My goal is to be injury free as far as pulls or strains in the groin and hamstrings. I also want to stregthen my ankles, which limited my cutting prowess last year. I want some explosive power while I enter the "peak" of my ultimate career. And I want to be able to rip a huge backhand.