Monday, September 10, 2007

practice: sat and sun 9/8 9/9

Even though I wasn't satisfied with how I played individually I thought we had a great weekend of practices. Saturday was brutal. 93+ with tons of humidity and low numbers. Towards the end of practice I was feeling it.

Sunday was a lot cooler, but just as tough because although we were low in numbers everyone was bringing it. It's among the top 5 of the most intense practices I've been apart of. I don't think either the O or the D were as sharp as they wanted to be, but it was a charged atmosphere. Everyone was pushing, pushing, pushing. I hope we can keep this sense of desperation for the next couple weeks. We played a d-pull game to 9 where O scores were worth 1 and D scores were worth 3. We had the disc two or three times to win it and we blew it and at least one of those was my fault on a miscue that I shouldn't even have been looking to throw. I don't think I have ever been that disappointed after losing a game at practice. Offensive struggles aside I feel real good on defense. Mentally I feel like I need to fight a little harder when my body wants to rest, getting that position helps so much three seconds later. Physically I feel good. My ankle is a little weak but it didn't hinder me at all this weekend. I am still looking for that last explosive step that will get me 2-3 more d's a tournament.

I am going to get back in the weight room for the next 4-5 weeks 1 or 2 times a week working on explosive power. I bet I am right at 200 lbs right now 17 lbs lighter than where I started the season. I want to stay around here, but maybe I should drop 5 more pounds. I dont really know how to keep this weight on or off so we'll just see what happens.

Mon: full body weights
Tue: off
Wed: track workout
Thu: speed and mobility
Fri: off
Sat: practice
Sun: practice

No comments: