Monday, September 17, 2007

practice: Sunday 9/16/7

I can't believe we are already into the 3rd week of September. This is the time when it shows who, in May and June, thought to themselves "I still have how long till the series? I can afford to take this week off." I think I did about 80% of what is necessary to be in peak physical condition for the series. I think if I did 100% I wouldn't have had my physical letdown on Saturday, but that being said the pop came back in my legs for Sunday and there was enough of a difference that a couple people mentioned it as well. I think it is due to that work in May and June even if it wasnt 100% of what I could have done. Starting out the season with 85 second 400's definitely takes you down a notch on the ol' pride meter, but as I continue to lean out and run harder and faster and longer I think it might have been worth it. I dont necessarily think the route I took to get here was the right one. If did it again I would mix in a bunch more cardio from Feb through April, but next year I expect to have a plan set up that will take into account all I learned this past year and I won't gain 25 pounds after the series ends.



Anyways. I might still be missing that last -ve in explosive, but I also realized that I am still scared to launch my body shoulder high at full speed. I had a pretty good shot on a swing to Wizzy that he ended up catching head high going full speed. I really don't know if I would survive a layout that high at that speed. I've seen guys do it, Will Neff always comes to mind, so I know not only can you survive it, but you can bounce up from it. I'm however, more of a "crumble" guy than a "bounce up" guy so I will wait till regionals to sell myself out for a block like that. I had a couple other good bids on d and played some good physical shut down d, but still give to much cushion at times and give up the deep ball. On O I feel great. I scored more times this weekend than in (fill in the blank) combined, which still isn't that much and had no deep turnovers. Our D O looked great this weekend and I hope it wasn't just because the O's D was weak, but because we used the ho-stack drills (Ive been pulling for those drills for two year)to our advantage. Our D needs to get better in a grittier, grind your teeth kind of way. We all have our individual moments of this kind of d, but if all 7 guys aren't playing with that in mind, it doesn't really matter. I want to make sure I bring that intensity to every d point I play at sectionals no matter who I match up against.



My quad tightend up while running down on the last pull of the scrimmage. I finished the point and thought it might not be a good idea to do the end of practice running, but it is impossible to see your whole team running and not participate so I did it.



mon: lifting (finally! there is nothing planned that will stop me from finally getting to the gym)

tue: throw

wed: something short and explosive, the long stuff 200's and 100's was what got my quad last week

thurs: throw

fri: TBD

sat: sexies

sun: sexies

No comments: