Monday, September 17, 2007

practice: Saturday 9/15/7

Somedays you just don't have it and I definitly did not bring it on Saturday. I measure "bringing it" by how much D pressue I put on our offense. I am cutting on O better and better and making the O work hard on D helps them, but what helps them the most is being that shadow on their hip while they are cutting, that body in the lane when they want to cut and the hard mark denying them the throw they want and I just didn't bring that on Saturday. It was a big let down especially after how tough we played last weekend.

I should be keeping track of scores. I think O beat us 2-1 with us losing a game to 5 after being up 3-2 and on that point I dropped a swing on the goal line with an impending wide open break throw in the making cause I took my eyes off to look for the throw. That was my lone turnover on the day and I connected with a big forhand for a score, but again the big story for me was lack of defensive pressure.

No comments: