Monday, October 1, 2007

practice: Sat and Sun; Sept 29th and 30th

Sat:

14 guys? Tough to handle, but because of the low numbers we were able to drill and talk more than we usually do, which I think was needed. There hasn't been to much time to think about individual skill this year as we try to gel together as a team. We play a lot more than we drill and its a detriment to skills, but for a new team the most important thing is to get everyone on the same page and on Saturday we improved. As far as my individual play my knees felt creaky for Saturday much like two weeks ago. I think I need to keep my legs loose all week cause I cant afford to feel like that on Saturday of regionals. Trying to find a level of looseness without feeling tired for Saturday might be a challenge.

Sun:

More energy and the d line is really starting to work together on offense. We still have a little trouble re-finding our rhythm once the disc stays in one persons hands for a full stall count. We also had a little trouble finishing points, but our flow and spacing looks great so the scores will come as we become more confident in each other.

I am ready to bust out this weekend.

Mon: Lower Body light explosive
Tue: agility
Wed: Track
Thur: off
Fri: 100's

No comments: