Thursday, June 12, 2008

Summer League: 06/12/08

Summer league, more like Bummer League. I wanted to get my track workout in before our summer league game. For some reason our start time was announced as 6:00 pm which seemed ridiculously early so I busted ass to get to a set of fields that were very much occupied. I definitely could have fit in a brief workout cause while most of our team were on time the other team didn't get there till about 6:30. We ended up moving to Belmont High and played our game from 7:00 to 8:45 ish and got the last pull in right before it would have been called due to darkness. We lost 15-14 having been pulled to at 14-13 and 14-14. We played 6 against 7 cause we were down a woman, but even that was no excuse for losing.

We have a fun team that runs from elite to very very beginner, which is more what I was looking for in a summer league team as opposed to the pretty dominant ones I've been playing on over the past couple years. Wins will be that much more satisfying.

No comments: