Friday, April 15, 2011

Crossfit: 4/15/11

3 min of jump rope

I got 65 double unders. I spent about 2:30 just going single, double, single, double. I probably should have gotten more. I spent the last 30 seconds trying to string together double unders. I think I got 3 or 4 but then lost it every time.

Front Squat:
3/3/3/3/3
225/235/245/X/X
I got kneed in the quad on Tuesday during basketball. I didn't effect me until the 3rd rep of my 245 when I tweaked it. It was a tough rep overall and it wasn't a pull or anything, but thought I would settle for 245 x 3 and not push it.

I learned to front squat with my arms crossed or semi crossed. I agree now that it is better to try to get your fingers under the bar with your elbows straight out in front of you. It helps to improve your posture for clean and jerks. Unfortunately it is a bit limiting. A couple weeks ago I did 3x3 @ 265 lbs. Im sure it will get more comfortable.

10 Rounds For Time (RFT) :
10 kettle bell swings (crotch to shoudlers) @ 24 kg
10 box jump @ 24 in
=9:01

I went to the website last night to check what today's workout would be and I was not that impressed. My tune changed once I picked up the 24 kg kb (heavy) and looked at the 24" box (high). The box jumps were the hardest part. The first few kb swings were hard because I was gassed from the box jumps. I took a 10 second rest between rounds 3 and 5, which I ended up regretting.

WOD Rx'd as they say in the crossfit industry.

muscle ups on the bar: 1
muscle ups on the rings: .5

This weeks crossfit games workout is slaying people:

AMRAP in 10 minutes:
60 bar burpees (do a burpee jump over a bar with a plate on each side = 1)

30 OHS @ 120 lb + have to get the bar from ground to OHS position. Apparently this is killing kids. I am going to do some snatches on Monday to see how it feels.

10 muscle ups, regular people aren't even getting here, but once you do it is f'n brutal. I almost did one and in fact was in the "easier" part with the rings underneath my armpits, but my elbow slipped and I almost dislocated my shoulder. There was an impingement/grab near my scapula but after some laccrosse ball grinding it was all better.

2 comments:

Seigs said...

I tried to do the CorssFit Games workout this morning in class. Didn't even finish the overhead squats, even though I had dropped to 65 pounds after starting from the chick weight.

Good luck.

Ben said...

I was messing around on Monday and managed 6 OH squats at 130 or 140. It is really uncomfortable, but I am confident I could have done 30 within 8:30 minutes or whatever I had left after the 60 burpees. I would have done 0 muscle ups though. I am bummed that I haven't done one yet. Next week I am definitely doing it. Guaranteed.