Friday, April 22, 2011

Gym: 4/19/11

I was itching to do some snatches, which I haven't done since I got to New York in the summer of 09. I didn't do well. My grip was too wide. My pinkies were against the sides of the bar. I think this limited my power. I also get nervous dropping under 100 lbs of weight and just trusting that my shoulders know what to do. I could have gotten more weight if my technique was better.
a bunch @ 110, some more at 132, 1 @ 154

Clean and jerk was next. I did these much better a couple weeks ago, getting up to 185. I think I peaked at 154 or so says my notebook. Not sure what the issue was.

I had it in my head to do 21 reps, 15 reps, 11 reps circuit for time of pullups, burpees and wall balls. I did 15 kipping pullups, took a break, looked at my hand and noticed that I had already lost a penny sized piece of skin on my palm. I finished the pullups, but after 21 bupees and worst of all 21 wall balls with a 30 lb ball I was spent and conveniently had to go anyways.

No comments: