Sunday, February 10, 2008

Fartlek: 02/10/08

28 degrees. Wintery Mix. Perfect fartlek weather.

I made this sweet mix that changes songs every 30 seconds. This gives me the advantage of listening to slow, medium, fast music and not having to mess around with the shitty watch I have. Unfortunately the software I use to make the mix comes in 20 minute demo form so I haven't really gotten the songs I want on, but I made a great call with my last fast song to send me flying. I'm using a nice little loop near the veterans hospital. I'm sure they are pumped to see someone flying around outside late at night. It's about three minutes a loop with a fast downhill and longer uphill. Pretty good.

(2) 6:00 fartlek 1.6 miles

Tomorrow I want to finish my homemade sled. I found a tire on the street back in December and I thought it would make a good sled. I cut out the top to make more of a cup out of it. Now I have two u-screws with big A bolts on the end so it doesnt come through the rubber. Two carabiners will connect the tire to some 200 lb strength truck tie down rope that I will hold to pull the tire and the 60 lb bag of concrete Im gonna put in it.

No comments: