Friday, February 8, 2008

Weights: 02/07/08

Front squat: The weight bearing down on your collar bones and threatening to crush your adams apple makes these feel harder than they really are. I felt really strong.
(1) 5 @ 185
(3) 5 @ 205


Rack pulls: I should be doing much more weight than this, but it is a great way to lift a lot of weight explosively. Even girls do it!
5 @ 225
5 @ 255
5 @ 265

reverse DB lunges from deficit: These are for everyone and they are amazing. Stand on a raised platform like your standard aerobics step. Take a bigger than normal backwards step off it and lower till knee hits ground and then explode up with the leg thats still on the step.
(3) 8 @ 30

2 comments:

andrewsaltz said...

Ben,

You ever try the "body builder" style? You put the bar on your shoulders, then cross your arms touching the hand on the opposite shoulder. Think House doing a crazy Russian dance.

It doesn't help my obvious flexibility deficiency, but it did relieve your aforementioned pain.

Ben said...

Yeah that is what I do, but I am not fully crossing my arms. Im just complaining to complain, Ive gotten used to it.