Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Power/Strength Cardio

Went for the power/strength cardio route tonight.

hanging jerk to overhead squat: neat exercise, but Im not sure I will do it again. I can get more power out of a hanging clean, but being in squat position with 115 overhead is interesting.
5 @ 95
5 @ 115
5 @ 115
5 @ 115
3 @ 115

8 knee to chest+6 pull ups+(8) 40 lb floor press= 1 rep
2 sets of 3 reps

30 second intervals
bench toe taps>step ups>side plank>side plank>burpees> mountain climbers>front plank

and that just about killed me.

weight: 206
target weight by March 1st: 200 (I haven't lost a pound in two weeks!)

I am still trying to figure out what my ideal total body day looks like. If I am getting three days of cardio I can afford for this to be all about power, but what does that look like? All olympic lifts? More cross fit stuff? I am thinking a combination of body weight and weighted explosive exercises. Start with power cleans move onto 15 sec intervals with step ups and toe taps and planks, and then finish with burpees or something.

No comments: