Sunday, January 4, 2009

circuit: 01/04/09

The shortest workout ever.

30 step toe taps
6 flat pull ups: I used the cage so I was gripping a flat surface, like if the world was flat and you were hanging off the edge and doing pull ups on the edge of the world
30 bench toe taps
10 T pushups @ 15
10 burpees

I finally got my hamstring diagnosed by a professional. Tim Morgan, of Marchese Sports Therapy in Woburn, did the evaluation and I was very impressed by the thoroughness of his examination. We talked about all the injuries that I have had in the past couple year starting with my hamstring (he thinks there is inflammation where the muscles meet with the ____ tuberosity and they might be pulling away from the bone a bit) my ankle (tendinitis) and my achilles (tendonosis in the ankle, not necessarily the achilles) and a big imbalance in my left hip. He combines correction with deep tissue massage and active release along with strengthening.

Even though I came in for the hamstring he will treat all of my injuries, which makes me very hopeful for an even healthier season than last year. The best thing is that he is a chiropractor so $500 in visits is covered by Harvard Pilgrim. Touchdown! Bad part is he is going to be digging around deep into my muscles, which hurts like hell.

2 comments:

Ryan Todd said...

Do they come with happy endings?

Ben said...

Hopefully a long term open-ended endings.

Why am I even validating this comment with an answer? Oh yeah, cause when you get one comment a month you answer everything.