Wednesday, January 21, 2009

gym: 01/21/09

I went to gw ultimate's alumni weekend. Unfortunately it takes place MLK weekend so playing conditions aren't ideal and they also had a little something else going down in our nation's capital that weekend, which made field space somewhat of an issue. I actually got out there and jogged around. I did not get up above 50% and threw a bunch of turnovers, which pretty much sums up every summer league experience I have ever had.

I know my rehab will go up and down in terms of how I am feeling day to day, but I had a great day Tuesday after my Monday treatment. Dr. Morgan worked on me for way longer than he was supposed to including showing me a bunch of exercises to do. It is the benefit of going at 6 pm when he doesn't have anyone else waiting for him. I hope that this is the start of some marked improvement over the next couple weeks.

Finally had time to hit the gym on Wednesday night.

upper body circuit: picked up a plate and got inspired.
10 45lb plate trap raises
10 plate raises from behind head to arms locked
10 platform push!ups
6 pull ups flat grip
10 pull throughs to arms locked

heavy bag circuit: that upper body thing crushed my shoulders
times 3
1 min on the bag
30 seconds of med ball slams
30 seconds of front squats with med ball
1 min rest

abs:
pallov press
(3) 10 @ 45

knees to ee's
(3) 12

2 comments:

brent said...

what was the diagnosis of your injury?

Ben said...

inflammation where my hamstring meets the bone near the hip. its been three weeks of treatment including one week of strengthening so I should expect some positive results soon.