Thursday, January 8, 2009

gym: 01/08/09

I feel like I'm suffering in a workout purgatory where I can do 1/4 of the stuff I want to do and I have no idea how to get the most out of that 1/4. My hamstring hurts, well aches, constantly, but it doesn't hurt to lift. That being the case I am still severely limiting my lifting, but I am a little confused as to what I should leave out completely as my cardio diminishes with each passing day. If anyone has any ideas for cardio where you dont really put a huge strain on your hamstring, let me know.

circuit: didn't like the 1st exercise, but I wanted to do back
bent over rows
8 @ 105

step toe taps
30

push!ups to platform: two steps with some space in between. regular, deep push up with a hand on each step so your chest comes down between the steps, at the top of that push up let your hands drop down into the space between the steps for a diamondish pushup at the top of which you push your hands back up to the step.
15

bench toe taps
30

I did it once through took a break and then did the circuit twice through with no rest two more times. My chest was dying

A1 incline press 1 DB
6 @ 45
6 @ 50
6 @ 60

A2 bent over db row
8 @ 55
8 @ 65
8 @ 65

Hit the heavy bag and then did some 30 second side planks and front with phyzio ball planks

3 comments:

Ryan Todd said...

The last time I hurt my hamstring I spend a lot of time on the bike. Low impact, and gets your heart rate up.

More useful than my last comment?

andrewsaltz said...

Your first sentence gave me migraine.

50% of the time, it works every time.

Ben said...

Wow. I don't even know what the point was that I was trying to get across.

Still, is that all you are bringing to the party Snaus? How do your traps look? Good I bet.