Friday, January 2, 2009

Climbing: 01/02/09

I snuck in some rock climbing before I rocked out to karokee that night. I went to metrorock in Everett with Kevin. It was my first time, but I love to climb stuff and I lift weights so I must be good right!

Wrong!

I started with a .8 or whatever and couldn't handle it. I got about halfway up and my grip just gave out. I know I was expanding way to much energy at the start, but it was my first time and I couldn't figure out how to get up without simply using brute strength. I scaled it back down and took on a 7+, which I needed one break on. I then took on an 8 with an overhang that was really fun. I needed a couple breaks during that one. We tried some bouldering, but I failed miserably at that. For my last hurrah I wanted one more crack at the first .8 with my new found expertise. It didn't go well. In fact I couldn't even get up to where I did the first time. My grip was just spent. It was depressing, but I had a lot of fun.

No comments: