Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Crossfit: 03/19/13

I'm trying to settle into a routine, but I'm just so GD sore after playing ultimate that it makes it hard to get in another cardio workout.  I can get in the gym soon enough, I just feel to tight and sore to run.  My logic is probably flawed, but whatever.  I also am trying to keep myself limber and rested for the games on Saturday mornings. 

These are the crossfit workouts that I look forward to.  Nice solid warmup with some dynamic activities.  Some heavy lifting. And then a bad ass conditioning workout that doesn't involve 100 of something.

Warmups:
1 min light jump rope; 1 min double unders (50 something?)
rest
1 min 24" in box jumps (31); 1 min off; 1 min 24" box jumps (32)

Lift: Back Squat
Work up to 3 rep max: 295; I felt real good about this.  I might have been able to bump it up a bit, but my form drifted a bit on the last rep and 295 is a solid 3 rep max for me right now.

Conditioning: 10m 30s
30 K2E's
400 m walk with 45 lb kettlebells
30 KB front squats @ (2) 45lbs
200 m walk with 45 lb kettlebells
20 KB front squats @ (2) 45lbs
30 K2E

Very fun and a great grip workout.

No comments: