Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Crossfit Games: 03/16/13

My second run at the crossfit games. As I said before, I've been recently rethinking my crossfit exuberance. Well I would hesitate to even call it exuberance, maybe just interest. I've been looking forward to the games for two years.  I've been doing crossfit when convenient and when I like the workout.  I can't really pick and choose the games workouts. This one was:

10 min AMRAP
5 shoulder to overhead @ 115lb
10 deadlifts @ 115lb
15 box jumps

15 box jumps times even 5 rounds is 75 box jumps in addition to the deadlifts and the push press means tons of strain on my back and achilles, which have always been trouble for me.  Luckily they modified the box jumps and let competitors do step ups. So I just decided to do step ups.  I mixed in some jumps, but saw no reason to risk injury for the games.  I did 7 rounds.  I bet I could have done 8 if I did more box jumps, even 8 step ups, 7 box jumps. The other stuff wasn't terrible.  I was way worse off after the first games workout.  Looking forward to Wednesday's announcement.  It's a great atmosphere and I really enjoy the competition. 

No comments: