Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Running: 03/04/13

I thought I would practice the beep test from the MLU combine so I took off with a vague idea of what the beep test was and headed to the fields near my house.  A good mile warm up to get there. A good active.  And it was on.  Except I messed up a very critical part of the workout.  The beep test tests VO2 max.  You run an increasing amount of 20 yard intervals for 60 seconds without a break.  Start with 7 and add one every minute until you can't finish.  I thought about that first one, 7 20 yard lengths and immediately convinced myself that it would have to be one length had to actually be two lengths.  So instead of jumping in at the 7 level, I jumped in at the 14 level.  After I failed the first time and then almost died sprinting and accomplishing it a couple minutes later, I realized that either I was gonna crash and burn on this test at the combine or I was doing it wrong.  Anyways 14 makes for a great workout so I did it about 5-6 more times and headed back for a mile run of slow, medium, fast 30 second intervals.

No comments: