Monday, March 4, 2013

Rumble Tryouts: 03/01/13

We ran a very successful tryout this Saturday.  I think we had around 40 guys from the best of best to fresh college kids out to their first high level event.  Over the next couple days we will put together a great team of eager ultimate players ready to compete in the MLU. 

I put them through one fun workout that caused a lot of discomfort. 

Grab a partner, starting line is one sideline.  On go player A assumes plank position and player B takes off for the far sideline.  When player B gets to the far sideline he does 20 pushups and then sprints back.  When player B gets back, player A takes off for the far sideline and player B assumes plank position.  Exercises are:
20 pushups
20 situps
20 squats
20 burpees

Woof.  I couldn't maintain the plank during the burpees, but I think I held it during the first couple. 

Great tryout and excited for the combine on Sunday. 

Ben

No comments: