Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Gym: 02/11/13

I had a rough PT visit early in the day.  I've been going to a wonderful physical therapist, but she is out of network and therefore pretty costly.  What percentage of physical therapists aren't worthy of treating athletes? And I am using athlete loosely because I am including myself in that category.  They talk to you for three minutes, take you through a routine they've done 100 times. Tuesday's PT person was above average. She tried to do massage, but she wasn't quite strong enough and she did local massage for maybe 10 minutes. She tried to stretch me out. Went ok, but I think she over stretched my back which left me pretty gimpy for the rest of the day. Anyways, I am going to go back to the original place despite the price because she is one of two people who have treated me right in the PT world. 

The NYC one:
http://www.bodyspacefitness.com/whatweoffer.php#base

The "Boston" one:
http://www.marchesesportstherapy.com/about.html

Despite feeling a little gimpy I worked out, but tried to take it easy:

warm up:
500 m of rowing

Back Squat:
5 @ 225
5 @ 225
5 @ 245
5 @ 245
3 @ 275

Weighted pull ups:
5 @ 25
5 @ 35
5 @ 35

One legged squats:
8 @ 0
6 @ 25
6 @ 35

db clean and jerk:
I read a crossfit workout and saw a doozy that I wanted to recreate at the gym:
run 800m, 30 DB cleans @ 45 lbs, 30 burpees
Shit.  That would have been brutal.  Burpees sometimes put my back in a compromising position so I just did the DB cleans, but I added a jerk.  Yikes.  That is a lot of weight.  The clean was pretty easy.  The jerk was brutal.  10, 10, 10. I really liked the doing this with the DBs.  I thought they allowed for more freedom in the clean where the bar limits your range of motion.  I will be doing it more often in the future.

No comments: