Thursday, February 21, 2013

Gym: 02/20/13

I made the wonderful mistake of only packing my shoes for the gym.  Getting ready to ride a bike in the winter is extremely time consuming and anyone who knows me understands that any additional thing I need to remember in the morning has an exponentially negative effect on remembering everything else.  And it just takes a shit load of time to get ready.  I was at the gym and had already put my helmet, my neck warmer, my hat, my gloves, my reflector vest, my two jackets, my wallet, keys and phone in the locker when i realized i only had gym shoes, no gym clothes.  Everything back on, back to my bike, unlock both locks, head home to change and drive to the gym.  It was a long process, but lex was flying into JFK at 10:30 pm so I still had a good amount of time.

500 m row: Listen, I'd like to do something else as well, but there is no where to do anything worthwhile warmup wise in this place.  Give me some ideas.
1:43
1:38; I love these row machines cause you know where you are target time/RPMs at all times. 

Good mornings: Haven't done these in a while and my goal is to build up my spinal erectors over the next couple weeks
6 @ 115
6 @  125
6 @ 135

Front squat: Impromptu front squat cause it felt good to have the bar across my shoulders.
6 @ 135
6 @ 185
6 @ 225

Pendlay Row: Looked great for lower back and upper back strength

I need to record better. Not sure what I was doing.  Maybe (3) 8 @ 115

Medley: Not for time, three times through:
Bulgarian Split Squats; 8 @ 45 lb DBs
pull ups; 3 @ 45, 5 @ 0
DB shoulder press; 8 @ 45lb

Concluded with the hammer strength apparatus that mimics a muscle up and some knees to elbows and toes to bar.

No comments: