Monday, March 24, 2008

track: 03/24/08

My first, albeit abbreviated, track workout of the season. I will stick with the short sprint cardio stuff too, but I until I am running 75's, I will feel like a loser. On June 7th of last year I did my first track workout of the season. This was at the point when I was running them right after lifting, which was a terrible idea. I went:

84, 83, 82. 83,84,83. with 90 seconds between each rep and 3:00 between each set. There was also a 600 thrown in there and a couple 200's, but this is a comparison from today:

75, 78, 78. 80, 80, 80. 76. I actually wanted to do 3 sets of 3, but I was breaking down and I knew I could either rock three more 80+ or go for the glory of a one and done. I got into a good pace down the homestretch and made up some time to capture the 76.

I need to keep losing weight so my body doesn't feel so heavy on my legs. I'm gonna really go after lowern' my carb intake and boosting my protein intake, but I need to figure out how to do that without starving or spending a bunch.

No comments: