Monday, July 6, 2009

07/06/09: gym

Monday will be my heavy day until August when I am forced to leave my gym that I am slightly falling love with. Now that I can lift with the big boys , in the sense that I'm no longer worried about my hamstring, I feel like I can finally start looking people in the eye instead of moping around and doing one legged squats with no weight. So Monday's will be heavy.

prowler push : i did it the right way this time. 30 yards ish down and back. Worked on powerful starts and fast feet throughout.
3 @ 50
4 @ 100

safety bar squat : the safety bar is just another squat variation to be filed among back squats, front squats, box squats, etc. It de-stabilizes the weight a bit and makes it hang straight down, which shifts the poundage to your hamstrings a bit more and also makes it so you don't have to hold the weight at all.
(2) 5 @ 235
(1) 5 @ 255
(1) 5 @ 265

rack pulls: i always have trouble re-racking this without a. hurting my back or b. making the most noise in the world. You are supposed to be able to rack pull more than you can deadlift, a lot more, but the rack position was a bit awkward for me so I might be hanging it a bit too low.
225
315
335
365
385
405

reverse lunges from defecit:
(3) 8 @ 35

This will be a typical Monday gym day. On Thursday's or Friday's I will work on a more total body, circuit, agenda.

No comments: