Monday, July 13, 2009

Tossin: 07/13/09

I made an executive decision to go hang out at home and not rush to the gym before I had to head back to work. Walking around and talking to people always takes longer than I think it is going to take. I ended up talking with these two dudes who live in one of the worst sections of the worst streets in Chelsea about what is going on there. They are most likely well above average in income and education levels for the street and they are just about done with the street after like three weekends in a row of fights, domestic disturbances and tons of public intoxication. The block has so many problems that it is hard to convince people that anything can help, but that is what I try to do as well as offer up all my contacts in the police department and at city hall to try to show them that people care.

Anyways it meant that I got home near 8:30 instead of 7:30 cause I kept forgetting where shit was in our new Market Basket which is like the biggest supermarket on the east coast or something. I cooked this cause I bought a can of harissa on whim like 3 months ago and I wanted to use it. It was good.

Headed up to the hill for some hucks and an active. My intention was to get up to the hill at least once a week, but life has intervened so this is my first time since the invite. I need to make my backhand huck more consistent and I am trying to figure out how to do that. I would love to have a big arching OI that can catch some wind and carry, but I might be better at ripping a tight, lower straight ball with a bit more OI release point. I think the latter is actually better with a mark on. The release point is more point blockable but the follow through is much more compact as opposed to really flailing to get the big OI to carry. Always more work to do.

No comments: