Sunday, July 19, 2009

games and games and pole climbing: 07/19/09

On Saturday night after grazing a "how hard can you punch" thing twice, I finally adjusted and got a decent score. 2nd best in the bar that night. It was a small bar. I had said if I did well I would show some self restraint and not just spring back for more. And despite some "5 years from now are we gonna talk about that time you got second place at that punching game?" talk, I held firm, until the guy with the best score, perhaps inspired by my untapped potential, actually gave me a dollar to go do it again. I fucking drilled that thing the 4th time and now we can all talk about me being the hardest puncher at TC's on July 17th, 2009.

On Saturday we played a lot of wiffle ball and stump. These dudes are playing stump, but ours was about 1 foot off the ground and we were way more aggressive. It was more like trying to hit an elusive mouse with a huge mallet.

On Sunday I had to run my last big party. I had to climb a thick lamp post three times and my feet kept slipping so I had to just rely on my hands, which took a lot out of me and might have caused me to tweak my left bicep.

No comments: