Tuesday, March 22, 2011

3/22/11: Gym

I should have learned my lesson from yesterday. I really wanted to do the crossfit games WOD that I had practiced the day before. I talked myself out of it so I could play basketball. I told myself that I could do it at the crossfit gym where it would be more official. We shall see if that actually works.

I did a lot of banging in these games. There was this one dude who thought he was Lebron. Bummer was that he actually pulled it off. He was probably 6'1 200 lbs. Either on a fast break or from the top of the key he would get a head of steam, protect the ball like a RB going through the line, plow through 4 guys and somehow lay it up. It was really frustrating, but he didn't play any defense so I actually got some offense going. After losing, hopping on the next team and losing again I went to run some stairs. At that point I was feeling shitty about my play and was gonna head down to the gym and lift it off, but a different game needed a 10th. It was school yard style picks and I got picked first. I did legitimately did the look around after he called my shirt color cause he had just seen me miss 2 or 3, 2 on 0 layups in the previous game. This isn't an exaggeration. A guy on the opposite team drove to the rim and missed and everyone thought he got fouled but he didnt call anything. While everyone is trying to figure out what happened me and a teammate take off. I get the ball under the rim and miss. He missed. I missed. I missed. I made it. Or something like that. Nobody bothered to try and play defense on us. It was funny more than humiliating. Really. It was.

We lost and I felt lousy for not playing well and for not lifting. I think playing basketball is good for cardio, but lifting one day and running another is definitely better than playing basketball one day. Whatever. Ill adjust.

No comments: