Tuesday, March 15, 2011

crossfit: 03/15/11

Murph:

1 mile
100 pull ups (chin above the bar), 200 push ups (chest to the ground, palms off the ground, push up), 300 squats (butt to fluffy med ball, well past horizontal) broken up however you want
1 mile

47: 39

100 pull ups looked intimidating, no, I think it was better to say I was absolutely dreading them, but Kip pullups are pretty easy. I was essentially only engaging my back as my forehead approached the bar and almost never engaging my arms. Unfortunately I could only do one, stop myself, do another, stop myself, etc so I couldn't get a rhythm going and lost tons of time. My pushups were a bit sloppy at the end. I was using the chest to deck as an excuse to almost drop my body into the deck position. Squats were easy. Second mile was brutal. The first 400 m I couldn't really use my arms which were extended out in this weird jacked Jersey shore guy angle. So I was basically running armless until the halfway point which is the uphill part. During the last 400 I was choking back throwup which I sealed off for a final 100 yd run to the finish where I promptly booted all over the sidewalk among women pushing strollers and guys cleaning their cars. I think that is a respectable time

I needed to get some heavy lifting in so after a break I front squatted:
5 @ 195
5 @ 205
5 @ 215
3 @ 225

update:

I feel terrible. I feel hungover without the headache. I'm gonna watch water and drink some Bad Girls Club on demand.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Back at it. And with a vengeance. Awesome