Monday, March 21, 2011

Gym: 03/21/11

I played too much basketball. 3 games kills any chance I have of getting to the actual gym, but I was coming off a great week of basketball and I was itching to keep playing. I played ok and ran a lot. I'm not sure I took a shot that wasn't a put back. I did have 2 absolutely monster blocks. I mean like volleyball spikes. One was on game point. I usually get caught up in the moment and let out something gutteral that ends with my pretending like I was clearing my throat.

My dude scored the winning basket in game 3 at double game point. Terrible. Three games left me little time for lifting, but I banged out:

3o double unders
15 power snatches at 90 lbs
couple more double unders

This was one round (30/15) of the cross fit games workout. I'm not sure when I am actually going to bang it out, but I am hoping to break 4 rounds.

box squats:
5 @ 200
5 @ 222
5 @ 243
3 @ 263

I'm still out of sorts with where these numbers are relative to my PRs from years past.

step up jumps:
15

Just something single leg oriented to toss in before sprinting to the train.

No comments: