Friday, March 11, 2011

Blog Comeback Part 2

I promise no more theatrics related to my heroic return from the blogging graveyard. I wonder how many blogs go unused right now? Millions? I wonder if there is a way to monetize all those unused blogs, somehow accruing .5 cents on all of them like in Office Space.

Tue: Boxing
My sister is really good at boxing. If you know my sister you would think me a liar because it is often unclear whether or not a 5 year old with epilepsy has control of her via some sort of puppet contraption. She took some sort of walking class instead of penmanship in 1st grade. Yet somehow she is now a badass boxer. The last time I went with her to a boxing class I had about 2-3 under my belt. It was a combo fitness/boxing class and the fitness part was really intense so I was super sweaty for the boxing part. A pool of sweat was developing at my feet and when I went to hit the gloves the instructor was holding I took a swing and fell over like a drunk cowboy at a Honky Tonk bar or at least that is what I imagine both of those things looking like. I've had a bit more experience now so I was hoping to dazzle my first time out.

We started out with 3 x's: 3 minutes of jumping rope with 30 sec off/30 on high knees and a minute of "rest" which we spent at the bottom of a pushup with chest about an inch of the ground. Yuck.

Nothing that spectacular followed, but it was a great workout. We did a 3 minute "progression" drill which means 2 punches to the left glove, slip, 2 punches to the right glove, slip, step forward, 4 punches to the left glove, slip, 4 punches to the right glove, slip, step forward, 6, slip, 6, slip, forward, 8, slip, 8 slip, forward....20, slip, 20, slip, forward, 18, slip, 18, slip... 20 punches in a row after 1:30 of constant punching is terrible. I felt like I was simply alternating shoulder thrusts in some sort of weird drugged out Phish dance. We finished with a round of our partner calling out combos. It was really fun. It was in a pretty sweet gym so I took advantage and ran through a circuit:

3xs
8 thrusters @ 95
8 pull ups
10 push!ups

Thurs:
I did an agility/baby sprint workout. It felt awesome to start running at full speed in cleats. Cleats are the easy part. I want to run some more 400's or maybe even, gasp, a couple miles.

Fri: Crossfit
3 minutes of double unders

Press- 5/5/5/5/5 (60-75%1RM); I was a little confused by the workout so I went too big to start 115/115(3)105(2)/105/105/105

2 Rounds of Row 500M @24 SPM- 2 minutes rest after each round
; last round fast as you can
1:47, 1:48, 1:39 (I went out way to hard. I think I am better out keeping good form and being powerful for the first 400 M and then cranking up the tempo for the last 100.

AMRAP (as many reps as possible) in 6 minutes: 6 Broad Jump (max distance)/ 12 Ball Slams (20/10); I think I got six done.

25 yard bear crawl; 5 burpees

No comments: