Friday, March 25, 2011

cross fit: 3/25/11

3 rounds not for time (RNFT) wall walk/skin the cat:
wall walks suck. They put so much stress on the shoulders in semi-compromised positions. I hate them. My first round was great, much better than a month ago. My form deteriorated quickly. Skin the cat was more to practice the movement than make it hard. I couldn't get my feet up past the bar without catching the bar with my foot. Doing the skin the cats on the rings was pretty easy.

Clean and Jerk: 3/3/3/1/1/1
145, 145, 165, 175, 185(f), 185

I was getting ready to toss 10 more lbs on the bar when they told us we were done. My last rep should have been at 195. The 185 rep that I missed was terrible. I tried to press it before I was ready and was still mere degrees away from locking it out. Not too much trouble the second time, but it was time to move on to...

21/15/9
power clean @ 115
push ups
GHD situp

6:53

21 is a lot of power cleans. My form was terrible for the first 7 as I tried to just use speed and brute strength to get my reps in. The situps were weird. My lower back ROM is bad so I wasn't really breaking parallel. My last set of 9 cleans and pushups was blazing. I was behind the other dude in the class coming off the 15 situps. He might have done 2 or 3 power cleans by the time I got there, but I ripped off 9 cleans and then 9 pushups as fast as possibe, giving me the lead, but I lost it on the situps, which is fine cause I didn't want to win with the fake situps I was doing.

No comments: