Friday, March 18, 2011

cross fit: 3/18/10

The crossfit games have started and I want to attempt the first workout. It's get AsManyRepsAsPossible (AMRAP) in 10 minutes of 30 jump rope double unders and 15 power snatch at 75 lbs. Double unders are going to be trouble. I haven't done more than 4 or 5 in a row, but I am starting to find a rhythm. I wonder if it would actually be less intense to go single, double, single? That would mean 30 extra jumps, but I'm not really worried about 30 single jumps effecting my performance. And who am I kidding, it is not going to be how many rounds I can fit into 10 minutes, it is gonna be surviving 10 minutes of the workout so taking my time might be better. I don't really know what to think of 15 75 lb power snatches. I think the 30 double unders are gonna be sneaky tiring and make the power snatches even harder. I will probably do it on Monday as my first workout.

Today was Fight Gone Bad. I've always wanted to do this, just because the name is so cool. The workout is not cool.

5 rounds. 1 round is 5 min of one min each station then one min rep. AMRAP at each station. Cause we had 5 people doing it, everyone started at different stations. Mine went:
20" box jumps; 25, 24, 23, 22,21 (I only remember this cause it was so methodical)
row for calories; averaged 11
75lb push press; averaged 14
75lb sumo pull to chin; averaged 14
wall ball; averaged 18

I ended up at 417. I could be off though because I lost count a few times when I didn't write it down right after the exercise.

I could have pressed more. It was the only overhead exercise. Finish it and your done with shoulders till wall ball which is more legs than arms.

I was still feeling pretty good and this place is just filled with awesome toys to play with.

Tire flip right into...
5, 5, 5

sledgehammer, both sides
10, 10, 10

GHR @ 0 right into...
8, 8

Bar Roll outs
8, 8

No comments: