Tuesday, April 10, 2007

weights: Monday 4/9/7

My ankle is tight in a ligement way not a bone way and Im not doing anything, but weights till it gets better.

max effort lift incline barbell bench:
5 @ 115
5 @ 135
5 @ 165
4 @ 185
4 @ 195
3 @ 205

suplemental flat dumbbell bench (palms in): this is a scary excercise cause the only thing stopping the weight from crashing on your face are your thumbs.
10 @ 70
9 @ 70
9 @ 65

back/lat superset
bent over row to chest (thick bar)
(3) 10 @ 25

flys:
(1) 9 @ 35
(2) 10 @ 25

zottman curls: These things are killers and I ended up doing the second set real slow which destroyed rep potential.
(1) 16 @ 25
(1) 10 @ 25
(1) 16 @ 25

ab circuit: three exercises no rest between excercises, minimal (as soon as I thought I wouldn't die) rest between sets
20 bicycles ( hands behind head, elbow to right knee and then right elbow across to left knee)
20 decline crunches ( arms crossed on chest, 10 straight, 10 alternating side)
20 knees to chest

3 comments:

Ryan Todd said...

Ben Faust = the nastiest free safety in the UPA.

I'm never going across the middle of the zone when you're playing deep...

Ben said...

Is that the body type I am going for? Maybe that is a perfect ultimate physique. Ill take it as a compliment.

I can't wait for my ankle to strenghten so I can get out running again, but I got to make the most out of all this weights and no running so expect my shirt off, early and often for tryouts.

Ryan Todd said...

Take it as a compliment. I really think more of us should be lifting in the off-season, it will cut down on muscle pulls and regular aches and pains that keep people out of practice. I'm easing off the weight room right now and doing more running/plyos/agility work, but if your ankle is hurt then absolutely I'm stay on the weights.

Make Stout proud.