Monday, July 9, 2007

weights: Monday 7/9/7

foam rolling

I am gonna tone down on the plyos as my running increases

front squats: cluster style
(5) 4x2 w/10 second break between each mini set of two @ 205
This means 5 sets of 8 reps except you get 10 seconds for every 2 reps, which allows you to do more weight, which doesn't make that much sense cause I was doing 205 before. The difference was I hadn't actually seen a front squat. They go deep, butt touching floor deep. I had been going sit on a toilet deep. This makes a big difference. Also having 205 lbs laying accross your collar bone is rather uncomfortable the next day. Basically it sucked.

reverse lunges:
(3) 8 @ 95
I was still feeling the cluster f*&#s from before and struggled through this.

A1 GHR's:
(1) 8
(2) 8 @ 10

A2 chops with bar:
16 @ 25

B1 butt squeezes
(3) 20 secs

B2 scap slides
(3) 10

this week
mon: lower
tue: track, I expect to feel bad, real bad, from Monday lower, so Ill play this by ear
wed: upper
thurs: lower, sprints
fri: off
sat: upper, sprint the straights jog curves
sun: off

2 comments:

Ryan Todd said...

Thanks for the call yesterday. I managed to stumble back to my apartment without passing out. I just needed to get oxygen back in my brain, then I was fine.

See you in a couple weeks. I'll be doing barefoot sprints on the beach and swimming laps in the ocean.

Ben said...

Across the Gulf of Mexico and back?

Ballsy.