Wednesday, July 11, 2007

track: Tuesday 7/10/07

warmup, stretch
5x200M. 75/75/75/75/4 minutes rest.
1x400M. 4 minutes rest. (at your 200m pace).
5x200M. 75/75/75/75/4 minutes rest.
4x200M. 90/90/90/Done.

31,31,31,31,32; 73; 32,33,33,33,33;34,35,33,31

Keeping my form is huge. About 20 meters out from finishing my 2nd 200 in the 2nd group of 5 my form just deteriorated and I bet I looked like my sister playing soccer when she was 9. Limbs everywhere, elbows flailing and a legitimate safety concern to anyone in reach. After that whenever I felt my power leaving I just tried to keep everything in good working order; relax the arms, but get a good pump, tuck the chin, get my knees up, pull when my feet hit the ground. Power was at a premium. My lower body from Monday left my muscles aching most of the day. That 34,35 is obvioulsy a glaring indication of let down, but rallying for that 33,31 finish was nice although I couldn't think straight for a good 5 minutes afterwards.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i like your description of good form. looks like you've scaled up your running abilities pretty quickly over the last couple weeks.

are these team track routines or your own?

Ben said...

They are made for the team care of Josh McCarthy.

Usually we have a decent group. 4-6 people with a couple straglers showing up to do it an hour later. Our numbers have dwindled due to a travel laden July leaving just myself and Ryan Todd to do this past one.

My numbers have improved as I shed this extra weight and my legs get used to running hard for 30-80 seconds and doing workouts a day or an hour after a leg workout.

I hate them more than anything. After every 200 i felt like Steve Carrel getting waxed:

"You fucker! I'm sorry. That's just your job."

"Sucker motherfucker!"

"Fuck me! In the asshole!"

"Cocksucker motherfucker!"

"I hate you. Stop smiling, you jerk!"