Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Weights: Monday 7/16/7

I had to get to a summer league game so I had to cut this one short.

front squats: clusters again, but with less reps
(3) 5x1 @ 225

GHR
(1) 8
(2) 8 @ 20

off to summer league!

I got some good running in at summer league. I was a layout away from some big d's, but the rocky sandy playing field was not inviting. Also blasted some backhands finally.

I played softball in DC on Sunday. Not much exercise in that except when I had to make a beeline for second from first to avoid a force out. I didn't make it. It took me two at bats to figure out the whole hitting thing. I hit a huge pop fly that was probably an error where i got a triple. I then hit a low liner past the 3rd baseman. I was tehn zeroed in for my next two at bats and homered both times. In order to hit my 2nd homerun I intentionally swung and missed on a 3-1 count on a ball that was going to hit me so I could run the count full and get another shot at a good pitch. Dick move? We needed the insurance runs. You never know when runs 24 and 25 are gonna mean the difference when it is 23-4 in the 5th.

I have switched gyms, from Excel in Waltham to Total Performance Sports in Everett. The guy I was working with in Waltham split ties with Excel and left me a workout orphan. It actually works out better for me. I get my next three weeks refunded and my commute becomes 5 minutes instead of 30-45 minutes. Excel is a white walled, new, open, crisp place. TPS is dark, creaky, old, and full of enourmous individuals. It is a strongman gym. Farmers walk things and 8 foot tires outside, atlas stones and huge logs inside. They have more equipment than excel and they have free boxing and kickboxing classes. These arent like Gold's Gym cardio kickboxing. These are cragly old golden gloves trainers and there could be 0-5 people in your group. Could be fun for the dreary winter time.

No comments: