Friday, July 20, 2007

weights and speed: 7/19/7

weights:

jump squats:
(5) 4 @ 135

rack pulls: snatch grip
(3) 4 @ 235, my lower back still hurts although it is getting better and in the next few weeks I can start increasing the weight a bit

A1 split squats:
8 @ 35
8 @ 40
8 @ 45

A2 side bridges
(3) @ 45 secs

speed:

(4) high knee skips
(4) karaokee
(4) 4 long jumps
(4) 70 yds out jog back repeats
(4) 40's, 1 min between each
(8) sprint 50, jog 50 no rest
(8) accelerators to a cone and back: from push up position sprint 15 yards, cut, come back 20 yards

This was supposed to be a track workout, but the last one left my hamstrings feeling wierd and what I need most right now is not 80% over 200 yards, it's getting to 100% as quick as possible and getting that last little push when I am 3-4 steps from a d. I admit the empowerment you get when you finish one of those brutal track workouts, but I also know what best suits me.

2 comments:

Seigs said...

Hopefully we'll start moving to short sprints / total distance soon.

Was pretty brutal last night.

Ben said...

I could imagine. There was also a part of me that was just sick of track workouts and wanted a week off to work on something more "fun"