Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Weights: Tuesday 5/15/7

Soft tissue work with foam rollers, active warm ups and ankle mobilizations. The active warm ups aren't new although there were a few variations i hadn't been through that I would like to throw at a stretching group. Ankle mobilizations are interesting. Stand as close to you can to a wall. Bend one knee and try and touch it to the wall while keeping your heel on the ground. If you can do it move back a little bit and repeat. Keep moving back until you can't complete the stretch.

superset
bench: my form wasn't bad. I was told to bring my elbows forward a little, bring my feet back and push through my heels for some extra power.
4 @ 135
4 @ 165
4 @ 195
4 @ 205
4 @ 205
4 @ 205

chest supported row:
5 @ 55
5 @ 55
5 @ 55
5 @ 55

supersetted
blast strap pushups: I have been looking forward to doing these. First set was bad cause I was trying to find the correct range of motion and therefore flailing all over the place. Here is a long overly scientfic article on shoulder health and pushup variations under which the blast strap falls.
10 @ 29 (the peg number of the cage the handles hung at)
10 @ 29
10 @ 29

rows with thick handle:
10 @ 120
10 @ 120
10 @ 100

supersetted
lying external rotations:
(3) 6 (each side) @ 5

reverse crunch: awesome crunch that will take the place of my 2nd crunch in any navy seal I do.
This is more or less how I did it except my feet were kept by my butt the whole time and my elbows were pointed at the sky as a point of reference to where my knees should be going.
(3) 10

Pallov's: this was called core cable pushout yesterday, but it looks like they have a name for it.
(3) 10 ( each side) @ 6

10 minute walk uphill

My plan for the rest of the week is:

Wednesday - throwing
Thursday - get on the track then summer league
Friday - upperbody
Sat - WMO
Sun - WMO

5 comments:

Unknown said...

ben, this blog depresses me sometimes. like after my push-ups and crunches in the mornings, when i know that you're throwing up tons of barbells and weights everyday.

anyhow, you'll get too big and heavy from it all. and i'll start posting about track workouts so i can show how i'm running faster.

Ben said...

Duder. Check out that shoulder link in this post and scroll down to the end for some good push up variations.

They were testing this little dude's shuttle run who I think plays football for Boston college. Guy looks like he should be bodybuilding not playing football. Anyway he tore up the course. I don't think anyone would call him to big and heavy, but I know you are playing so player play.

Quentin P. Live said...

how about monthly pictures to track your progres...so i have something to beat off to biatch

Quentin P. Live said...

sorry to ruin your blog like that. it's just what i do

Ben said...

Sweet double post. If your conscious was to materialize what would it look like and does it always arrive a couple minutes late?