Monday, June 25, 2007

ultimate: Saturday 6/23/7

vs NY: 13-14
I don't remember how or when they got ahead. I know I threw one away early that got caught by the wind and took off. I think I might have been on O at that point so that probably didn't help us early. I got beat deep by BVH once on what turned out to be a 7 foot high laser that I though I had lined up pretty well if it came in floaty. Had a couple of bids in against Duke that were kind of close, but not too inspiring. Also threw away an easy pass to G in an O zone they threw at us after a turn. Didn't get in much in the 2nd half.

We came out more focused with firm lines in the 2nd half, fought back with some inspired play to 12-14 with disc on the goal line, called a time out, swung the disc around and scored, but unfortunately the hard cap went on during the swinging ending the game at 13-14. Tough way to go down.

vs Med Men: 15- not a lot
They weren't connecting on anything and I think it was 8-2 at half. I took one of my lone deep shots of the weekend in this game on an upwind huck that miraculously went about 50 yards. Everything had to be lined up right for that to happen. Gave me a little to much adrenaline and on the next point I tried this sideline forced middle low realease backhand to Kurt who was headed upline from the dump spot. It hopped up, stayed up and fluttered out of bounds. Sweet. We cruised and then had a 3 hour bye.

vs Pike: 15-11
I don't really remember how I played in this one.

We were in control the whole game. Offense might have been broken once or twice.

That was it for Saturday as the prequarters started around 5pm.

No comments: