Wednesday, March 4, 2009

boxing: 03/04/09

That's right a new title! Everyone was expecting gym and I go and drop boxing on you. I am full of surprises. You know what else is full of surprises? Something in the steak and redwine sauce I made for myself last night which has seemingly been sitting right above the "point of no return" if you will since 3 am this morning when it was deliberating which way it was going to come out. It chose not to come out, which is always an interesting option and left my stomach feeling cramped all day. Perfect for boxing/farting class.

(3) 3 min jump rope, 1 min off
(3) 3 min shadow box, 1 min off
prance around the gym for a while
work on hand speed

I think i've posted before how we tend to finish this class, but let me refresh memories. You get a partner. You face away from your partner and kneel down in front. Partner puts his hands straight out-ish, you hit up at his hands till your arms fall off then you switch. All the while the real boxing kids and coaches come around punching you in the stomach to make it interesting. I guess they thought it was pay back time for us so they lined up and we were supposed to hit them in the stomach with gloves on. 1,2,3. Whack, whack, whack. I felt bad and went about 50%, maybe 75% at the most on the big kid. One of the kids was about 12 one of the coaches was about 95 lbs. Pretty entertaining in general, but then we have to do our thing and they are a little fired up from having the pain train laid on them for 3 minutes straight. I definitely took some whacks, but I withstood the need to block, I farted a lot, but I didn't block. I then had the kid who I probably hit the hardest, hit me in the stomach just for fun. In college some marines were at a party someone had. One marine would hold his fist out in front of him and brace himself and the other marine would take a crow hop and slam his face into the fist. This is probably as close as I've come to that. He hit me pretty hard. I have a mark, but I took it pretty well.

3 minutes heavy bag
3 minutes jump rope

John Cena was at the gym last night. I did not recognize him. Should I of?

No comments: